St. John the Evangelist Parish School participates in the Milwaukee (MPCP) and Wisconsin (WPCP) Parent Choice Programs. Participation in these programs supports our mission to make Catholic Education a reality for more of the families in our community.
Eligibility for both programs is based on residency and family income. Please read below for eligibility summaries.
Milwaukee Parental Choice Program (MPCP)
- A student qualifies if the student is a resident of the city of Milwaukee.
- The family income must be lower than 300% of the Poverty Level as published by the Wisconsin Department of Public Instruction
Wisconsin Parental Choice Program:
- A student qualifies if the student resides in a Wisconsin school district other than the City of Milwaukee or the Racine Unified School District.
- The family income must be lower than 220% of the Poverty Level as published by the Wisconsin Department of Public Instruction.
- A student must meet at least one of the prior school attendance requirements:
- Been enrolled in a public school in Wisconsin during the 2022-2023 school year.
- Have not been enrolled in school during the 2022-2023 school year.
- Be applying for K4, K5, 1st or 9th grade at the private school for the 2022-2023 school year.
Families must apply for the program online. An email address is required to access the online application system.
Parental Choice Online Application System
Links to additional information about the MPCP and WPCP:
MPCP and WPCP 2021-2022 Income Limits for New Parents
Parent Choice Q and A 2021-2022
Any questions about either the MPCP or the WPCP please contact Mr. Ben Oberdorf at (414)-321-8540 or [email protected]