About Us - Athletic Association
St. John the Evangelist athletic program attempts to teach and develop not only the sportsmanship and fundamentals of sports, but also leadership, teamwork, discipline, quickness of mind, moral and physical courage.
We believe that dedication, hard work, and perseverance can compensate for natural ability, and that kids can use what they learn on the field to help them off the field.
Eligibility for St. John's Sports Program
In order to be eligible to participate in any of our athletic programs, students (and their parent/guardians) must meet all of these criteria:
- Belong to the Parish
- Actively enrolled in School or Religious Education program (enrollment is considered to be active when a student has all paperwork on file, and is attending classes regularly)
- Home schooled students are eligible to participate if they are actively enrolled in our parish Religious Education program
- To set a positive learning experience for Christian development.
- To emphasize sportsmanship and teamwork.
- To help each individual understand competition.
- To provide an opportunity for all participants to develop and share knowledge and skills appropriate for their levels.
- To raise funds for all athletic activities that the Athletic Association sponsors.