School Choice Information
St. John the Evangelist Parish School participates in the Milwaukee (MPCP) and Wisconsin (WPCP) Parent Choice Programs. Participation in these programs supports our mission to make Catholic Education a reality for more of the families in our community.
Eligibility for both programs is based on residency and family income. Please read below for eligibility summaries.
Milwaukee Parental Choice Program (MPCP)
- A student qualifies if the student is a resident of the city of Milwaukee.
- The family income must be lower than 300% of the Poverty Level as published by the Wisconsin Department of Public Instruction
- For the 2019-2020 school year, St. John the Evangelist has opened seven enrollment periods. They are: February 1st -20th, 2019; March 1st - 20th, 2019; April 1st - 20th, 2019; May 1st - 20th, 2019; June 1st - 20th, 2019; July 1st - 20th, 2019; and August 1st - 20th, 2019. The number of seats open in the Milwaukee Program for each enrollment period is posted in the school office.
Wisconsin Parental Choice Program (WPCP)
- A student qualifies if the student resides in a Wisconsin school district other than the City of Milwaukee or the Racine Unified School District.
- The family income must be lower than 220% of the Poverty Level as published by the Wisconsin Department of Public Instruction.
- A student must meet at least one of the prior school attendance requirements for the 2018-2019 school year:
- Been enrolled in a public school in Wisconsin during the 2018-2019 school year.
- Have not been enrolled in school during the 2018-2019 school year.
- Be applying for K4, K5, 1st or 9th grade at the private school for the 2019-2020 school year.
- Have participated in the MPCP, RPCP, or WPCP programs.
- Been on a MPCP, RPCP, or WPCP waiting list.
- The open enrollment period for the Wisconsin Parent Choice program for 2019-2020 is February 1st - April 20th, 2019.
Families must apply for the program online. An email address is required to access the online application system.
Parental Choice Online Application System
Links to additional information about the MPCP and WPCP:
MPCP and WPCP 2019-2020 Income Limits for New Parents
Parent Choice Q and A 2019-2020
Any questions about either the MPCP or the WPCP please contact Mary Laidlaw Otto at (414)-321-8540 or [email protected]